- Charge Blackberry as much as possible. If full charge, unplugged charger. Don't charge your Blackberry along the night.
- Use wall chargers as the preferred charging method. Use the specified charger only.
- Reduce ring tones volume
- Use headphones
- Turn off equalizer settings (Media – Options).
- Turn Repeat Animations to a lower setting (Browser – Options – General Properties).
- Close browser when finished using (close with ESC key, Don't use End key).
- Reduce Backlight Timeout (Options – Screen/Keyboard).
- Reduce Backlight Brightness (Options – Screen/Keyboard).
- Holster smartphone (turns off LCD automatically). Set Auto Off LCD
- Set Audible Roll to mute (Options – Screen/Keyboard).
- Key Tone Off (Options – Screen/Keyboard).
- Turn off unused connections when not in use, i.e. GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Use Auto On/Off.
- Use single mode only (1XEV, 2G only, 3G only).
- Turn off flash (Camera – Options).
- Set picture size to Small (Camera – Options).
- Set Color Effect to Normal (Camera – Options).
- Set Picture Quality to Normal (Camera – Options).
- When exiting, be sure to close the app, not leave it running in the background (close with ESC key, not red End key).
- Set Audible notification to Off (Profiles).
- Turn off coverage LED (Profiles).